Join the Tradiverse team. Use the form on this page to upload your résumé and submit an application.
- Senior Trader – New York and Nebraska +–
Solid U.S. based grain and energy company with measured, yet aggressive, expansion program is adding an experienced Grain Trader to their grain merchandising team. The company is a first rate organization that would be a great place to be employed.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Ability to originate and merchandise a 30 – 50 million bushel grain business
- Proven successful experience with grain price risk management
- Demonstrated ability to make money on grain trading activities
- Solid interpersonal skills to work with employees and customers effectively
- Very good understanding of grain logistics as it relates to the US grain market
Why should you be interested in this job?
- The management team at this organization is one of the best in the country
- Professional work environment
- With the growth curve and financing that backs this Company, you will have plenty of enhanced income and career advancement opportunity
- Very competitive and attractive compensation and benefit package
- If you are a person who can and will grow a business, this job gives you the opportunity to take the initiative and manage a book of business.
- Friendly work environment is a hallmark of this company’s culture
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Senior Trader job.
- Junior Grain Trader – New York and Kansas +–
The Junior Traders are a part of the Grain Team, and they are expected to be decision makers from day one at their locations. Thrust into the action, they will analyze industry information, both domestic and global, to make profitable decisions for their customers and their respective locations. Merchandisers will spend much of their time on the phone, creating and building relationships with both elevators, producers and buyers, and getting out of the office to meet with their customers in person is encouraged.
Junior Grain Traders will be trained and mentored by Grain Team members who are experienced, knowledgeable, and successful managers committed to the success of new hires. Junior Traders will experience a flexible mentoring program which will often be adjusted based on the needs and desires of the specific person.
As traders develop, they are presented with many options for their career path. There is not a structured, one way for all, career path. Since Tradiverse is a decentralized company, the traders who are willing to move between Tradiverse locations can develop into many different roles within the organization such as: Senior Grain Originator, Group Manager, Barge or Rail Freight Trader, Facility Manager, Offshore Trader and Regional Manager.
Essential tasks include:
- Purchase and / or sell grain
- Learn all aspects of the grain business
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
- Determine customer requirements and communicate market changes and products and services in a timely manner
- 4 year Business or Agriculture degree
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Freight Manager – New York and Kansas +–
The Company is seeking a top-notch Freight Transportation Specialist to join our Transportation Team. This position will be based from one of our offices in the above listed cities.
The ideal candidate has a background moving bulk grain loads and comes to us with a solid carrier portfolio. We’re looking for someone who understands how to move freight, negotiate rates, and really understands the process from start to finish. Candidates with freight brokerage experience in the Bulk Grain Industry are encouraged to apply. This key position requires a high energy individual with a positive attitude – someone adaptable and excited about the opportunity to contribute to our evolving business practices.
We maintain a true team atmosphere through on-going communication and collaboration. We offer competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment.
As the Freight Transportation Specialist, you will supply multi-modal logistics solutions and support our marketing efforts in your region:
- Effectively manage and ship all assigned loads via rail, truck, barge, container, and intermodal.
- Maintain order and shipping information using internal software
- Track and trace loads for pick-up and delivery
- Proactively manage and communicate transportation issues to the Marketing Team
- Source carriers within different modes and continually develop a working carrier base
- Build rapport and maintain relationships with a large number of carriers
- Negotiate freight rates
- Provide rates and resources for freight moves in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to understand the regions and ensure customers’ needs are met
- Analyze rates & capacity and offer solutions for better overall service and freight savings
- Track carrier service levels
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service
- Continually analyze and provide opportunities/strategies for improving/enhancing processes and systems
- Provide current cost and market analysis relative to freight and commodities
- Provide back up and support to the Transportation Team
- Promote company name and reputation
- Understand & comply with documentation requirements for international movement of commodities crossing borders
- Understand & comply with documentation requirements for exporting of commodities
- Assume virtual ownership for all freight demurrage and despatch. Conduct all analysis of demurrage incurred and proactively propose solutions to avoid future demurrage.
- Conduct analysis to determine optimal strategic assignment of rail assets to maximize returns.
- Interact with other managers to identify opportunities to create value within the supply chain, including backhaul opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Logistics preferred or equivalent experience required
- Min. 5 years of experience in Transportation and Logistics, preferably in the Agricultural Industry
- Thorough working knowledge of domestic freight operations, truck and rail shipping rules, and transportation system utilization
- Commodity Transportation experience considered an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization and with outside vendors
- Demonstrated problem-solving and superior customer service skills
- Competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package
- Finance Manager – New York +–
The Company is seeking applicants for our Finance Manager position based in New York. The Finance Manager position has significant autonomy and responsibility for managing the finance team at the site and will report to the CEO.
General Job Description
Under the general direction of the CEO, this position will:
- Be responsible for managing the accounting, budgeting, accounts receivable and payables, costing, and inventory activities for trading operations.
- Provide consistent financial reporting and analysis to management, support staff, and team members.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls, assist with monthly closings and account analysis and support the General Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Qualifications – Education/Certification/Experience
The controller candidate will have a four-year Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 7+ years of progressively responsible experience, preferably in an agricultural environment. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations. The candidate must be eligible to work unrestricted in the U.S. without company sponsorship to be considered for this position and have the ability to comprehend, read, write and communicate proficiently in English and interact with all levels of the organization.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Develop and prepare annual, quarterly and monthly accounting reports, budgets and forecasts for management to understand and review performance against goals and objectives.
- Prepare standard, recurring, and adjustment journal entries for cash, A/R & A/P, inventory, prepaid and accrual expenses, payroll, financing activities and support documentation for the general ledger system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all companies.
- Maintain and control the chart of accounts for all companies and meet responsibility reporting requirements.
- Review reports for variances, trends & current financial position. Analyze monthly financials and budget variances and prepare monthly variance report. Insure that all of our accounting systems and processes meet business and regulatory requirements and look for ways to improve the accuracy, efficiency and work flow.
- Assist in the development, preparation and maintenance of the fiscal/annual budgets for department areas.
- Maintain fixed asset systems on a monthly basis, accounting for acquisitions, transfers, and disposals for all companies.
- Assist in the maintenance of the inventory and cost accounting systems.
- Prepare and provide proper financial information to the outside accounting firms and banks for reporting requirements.
- Assist with the development of new policies and procedures and provide input to continuously improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Provide accounting guidance to the owners or other team members on financial related questions and concerns.
- Provide data upon request to the CEO and Trading Manager to support their functions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with minimum seven years of experience preferably in the agriculture industry.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with fully-integrated accounting system.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other relevant accounting statements.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to “think on your feet”.
- The ability to work well with all levels of team members on financial issues.
- Functional expertise to insure that guidance offered is accurate and consistent for management and support staff.
- Ability to analyze, investigate and resolve issues while maintaining accuracy, timeliness, and data integrity.
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish/maintain productive working relationships with staff, management and other departments to effectively carry out job duties.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret data and recognize trends.
- Maintain proper confidentiality for all accounting and company information.